Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Research Focus Proposal

I am having a hard time coming up with a thesis. I still have a lot of questions I still want to answer about auctions and flea markets. I have not been able to go to a flea market like I had hoped, so I may just be doing this paper on auctions. I am going to still try and attend a flea market though.

I am leaning towards doing this paper on the types of people who attend these functions and why they do. I have noticed that a lot of people are regulars, and they come to these functions to get some every day items. Others attend simply becuase it is the thing to do it small towns.

Again, I am having trouble narrowing it down.

1 comment:

Sarah S said...

I think your "working" focus of the types of people that attend these functions is a great idea, and I can see how you might incorporate outside sources to write about this kind of a focus for your essay. You'll have more time to adjust or refine this focus, and we'll discuss this more in class Tuesday, but if this is what you end up choosing, it sounds really good to me!
Full credit